A program of Business Council for the Arts, Leadership Arts Institute (LAI) was founded in 1989 at the request of businessman and philanthropist Ray Nasher, to develop the next generation of business leaders for the arts and encourage passion for the arts in North Texas. Each year, a limited number of business professionals are selected for LAI. The program provides training in leadership, nonprofit board best practices, and knowledge of current critical issues affecting cultural institutions in North Texas. The methodology consists of ten seminars led by expert speakers and an annual project that serves as a practicum. Upon completion of the program, graduates are individually matched to serve on nonprofit boards of directors in the community.
Why should you participate?
- Strengthen your expertise as a leader
- Learn best practices in nonprofit board leadership and utilize them to serve your community
- Meet prominent business leaders who advocate for North Texas as a creative community
- Receive resources that promote creativity, innovation and resourcefulness
- Network with colleagues from a cross-section of industries
- Experience arts and cultural venues and hear from their leaders on a first-hand basis
- Strengthen future commitment to arts and culture in North Texas
BCA is now accepting applications for the 2015-2016 class of LAI!
Each graduate of Leadership Arts Institute is given the opportunity to be placed on a nonprofit board of directors in the region (click here to see a list of organizations we have matched with LAI graduates in the past). To accomplish this, BCA facilitates a matching process between individuals and arts organizations.
If you are a graduate of LAI interested in board placement, please click here to begin the process.
If you are an arts organization seeking talented and qualified board members, please update your board profile.
For more information about Leadership Arts Institute, please contact Jillian Sanders, Director of Programs.
Phone: 972-991-8300 ext. 602 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org